How Routed's cloud hosting solutions works for you.
Routed's Cloud Platform
Routed’s ambition is to build, develop and continuously refine and enhance the most secure, reliable and robust Cloud Platform in Africa, supported by the following principals:
Routed collaborates closely with best-in-class principal suppliers of hardware and software to design, deploy, manage and support our platform. Routed’s engineers are trained and certified, with years of experience, in all our chosen technologies.
The hybrid cloud management platform.
Backed by the global leader in virtualisation.
Storage from the industry leader in uptime and non-disruptive operations.
The best data protection and disaster recovery for virtual, physical and cloud environments.
Partnering with the world's biggest software company.
#1 Server manufacturer worldwide.
Routed’s focused suite of Cloud Products are designed to satisfy almost any infrastructure hosting requirement.
Virtual Private Cloud
- Secure, logically isolated virtual data centres with dedicated firewall
- Powered by VMware vCloud Director 9.1 and OnApp 5.5
- Elastic compute and storage allows on demand deployment of Servers
- Fully self-service through our simple web Management UI
- Multiple tiers of storage with guaranteed IOPS performance
- Built in datassurance for resilience: local snapshots, replicated offsite
- Integrated offsite Data Protection or Backup & Recovery add-ons
- Create mixed, privately networked environments in our Cloud
- Delivered with VMWare NSX 6.4 Advanced Networking and Security
- Address atypical security, compliance or performance requirements
- Mix baremetal Servers with VPC or Dedicated Cloud over stretched L2 networks
- Choose logically secure, encrypted, or physically segregated storage
- Single tenant infrastructure platform on physically isolated compute cluster
- Using VMWare vSphere / vCenter 6.7 with NSX 6.4, vSAN 6.7, vROps 6.6 add-ons
- Satisfy stringent security, compliance or performance needs
- Either Dedicated VPC – private cluster with vCloud Director web UI; or
- Dedicated VMWare – vSphere / vCenter-as-a Service: we virtualise, you administer
- vSphere provides high availability, live migration and auto-restart of VMs
- Offsite Data Protection, Backup & Recovery and Continuity options
Backup & Recovery
- Cost effective Data Protection for physical or virtual Servers and PCs
- Fully featured image and object based backup to local repositories
- Offsite copy option to Routed’s secure Cloud repositories
- Restore option to robust, secure, highly available, pay-per-use VPC
- Fully self-service web based Recovery UI
- Leveraging Acronis Backup Advanced 11.7, Veeam 9.5 Cloud Connect option
- Simple, affordable tier 1 DR solution for VMWare environments
- Utilising vCloud Availability 2.0 powered by vSphere Replication
- Self-service protection enabling RPO and RTO of 15 minutes
- Pay-per-use elastic compute and storage in Recovery VPC
- Simple self-service failover capabilities with on demand testing
- Veeam 9.5 Cloud Connect Replication alternative available
- Seamlessly extend your data centre to our VPC with software defined WAN
- Gain flexibility from hybrid on-premise / cloud networking solutions
- Implemented with VMWare NSX 6.4 Advanced Networking and Security
- Stretched L2 networks enable easy migration or bursting without re-IP
- Broad array of MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 alternatives also accommodated
Routed engages end user customers – Enterprises, who use our Cloud Platform for Server or Application hosting – through Wholesale Partners or Reseller Managed Service Providers. Under certain conditions we contract directly with companies, interacting with their dev team or internal IT department
Managed IT or Web Service Providers who resell our Cloud Products with added value through additional services, usually back-to-backing our term contracts with their Enterprise customers.
Wholesale PartnersInternet Service Providers or Integrated Software Vendors (Software-as-a-Service Providers) who create their own custom Products through transforming and bundling their own resources (internet, IP addresses) or services into Routed’s service offerings.
Enterprises whose CTO or CIO contracts directly with Routed for unmanaged Website Hosting or Business Server Hosting services. Conditional on the customer managing web development or IT support internally.
Referral Partners who facilitate direct engagement between Routed and end user customers through introduction only, without transformation or value added services.
Founded in 2016 as a response to the growing demand for data centre hosting solutions following the rapid growth and penetration of fast, reliable connectivity services in South Africa, Routed Hosting is led by industry veterans with over 35 years of experience in delivering and managing secure Cloud and Infrastructure solutions both locally and internationally.
A Cape Town native, Andrew Cruise has spent the majority of his working life in London where, after a short stint in Investment Banking he co-founded and grew a successful boutique Managed IT Services company. Following its sale, Andrew took senior positions in larger Managed IT Services businesses which focussed on Private Cloud solutions, managing relationships with medium to large Enterprises. Most recently, Andrew was responsible for all Cloud Products and managing the Cloud division of a leading South African ISP.
A Cape Town native, Malcolm has been involved in the IT industry since he was a boy. His areas of focus are around compliance, networking and security. He has a passion for cloud and joined together with Andrew and Benjamin to create the first true “open access” cloud platform in South Africa. Malcolm enjoys spending time with his family, playing basketball. He is a passionate Manchester United supporter and enjoys playing bridge.
Growing up during the infancy of the internet revolution, Benjamin Coetzer was drawn towards technologies that connected and enabled people in new and innovative ways. Free time in high school was spent nurturing his passion for software development, and refining his abilities in building advanced, integrated systems. After some years as the Cloud Architect at a leading South African ISP he teamed up with Andrew and Malcolm to build a truly unique platform, enabling partner success by providing secure, reliable cloud hosting.
David Ramsay is a self-taught digital ghostbuster, because when there’s something weird… who you gonna call? He revels in the unusual, the unconventional; and thrives in deploying, managing and supporting complex architectures. David has been building and maintaining Clouds, both private and public, for over 10 years.
Teraco Isando – Johannesburg
Teraco Great Westerford – Cape Town
Member of ISPA
Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA)
P.O. Box 518
(010) 500 1200
Take down notice email: